Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ubuntu 10.04: Much stable Wi-Fi Connection

Last week, I installed the new version of Ubuntu which is 10.04. I found it very nice than the previous release of Ubuntu. If you didn't know, I started using Ubuntu since it was version 6 I only switched back to Windows since I didn't get to manage my self on Linux.

After several years ago, I put down Windows again and installed Ubuntu. This time Ubuntu got its new and sleek look. The graphics is more Windows-like as well as the crispness of the font-faces. Desktop is now even good, but, the downfall is the Intel Wireless connection. My wifi drops every minute and connects again which is very annoying.

After a week of studying and researching on how to resolve this issue, i finally found the correct fix. I uninstalled the previous network manager and replaced it with Wicd.



Now, I have a much more stable connection and I am very glad that I have fixed it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment